(This is being written at 4:30 p.m. on Friday)
We just officially got word that there is still no resolution at the U.S. Consulate which means we still do not have Eliza’s visa. Blake and Addie Mae are leaving at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning (Saturday), and Kristen and Stephen will move to our room after breakfast.
Kristen and I will be talking to our travel agent tonight at 9 p.m. to put tickets on hold to leave the same flight path from Hong Kong on Tuesday. Please pray that this will be so. Please pray that the visas will be issued when the Consulate reopens on Monday. Please pray for our hearts as we separate, and for travel mercies for Blake, Addie, Pete and Mary. Pray for Kristen and I as we work together to get through a very difficult time.
UPDATE 5:15 p.m.!!!
Just got an e-mail from the U.S. Consulate saying they will open on Sunday morning to check on the status of our visas and will contact us by 10 a.m. whether or not they can be issued to us on Sunday! Kristen and I will put tickets on hold for Monday now instead. PLEASE, PLEASE, PRAY!!