Expect The Unexpected!!!

I just got a call from the neurosurgeon herself, and Tate’s surgery for this Friday has been CANCELED!!!

Our surgeon put Tate’s case before the board this morning. She has decided – because of Tate’s lack of symptoms (besides a little bladder involvement), and the fact that we have no prior scans to compare the new ones to – that we would use these first scans as our baseline and then recheck Tate in three months to look for noted change that would be a better indicator of needed surgery.

We do expect Tate to still need this surgery at some point, but we are MORE than happy to wait and see!!

Learning about King Solomon this morning!


PLEASE rejoice with us!!!

Praise the Lord with us!!!


  1. Tristan says:

    I’m so glad! Especially if he’s not presenting a lot of symptoms, you don’t want to do the surgery now only to have to repeat sooner. (When Mason’s was done at age 2 we were told we will be lucky to make it another 10 years before needing to detether again. And each time presents risks for further damage, of course.

  2. Connie says:

    Wow! Amazing! More time for you to bond before surgery. Yes!!! So thankful that they do not see it as having to be done immediately. Thank you, Lord. We know His timing is perfect.

  3. Lucie says:

    Wow, that’s a great news! I hope the next scan won’t show any changes. At the very least, postponing the surgery will give Tate time to learn more English and be able to communicate with you better. That could make a substantial difference for his recovery and understanding what’s going on. It would still not be easy, but it would for sure be easier 🙂

    I am really happy for all of you

Comments are closed.